Top 9 coping mechanisms for when daddy's sick



Jason is sick, y’all. Sore throat, body aches, runny nose, I-ain’t-up-for-much-of-anything sick.

Hotguysinbed on IG because why not.

What does a needy babygirl do during times like these? Well, we cry a lot. Nah, just kidding. Over the years since we’ve been doing this, I’ve learned a few ways to cope when he can’t do any of the things I crave, such as


Spank me.
Pay attention to me.
Have sex.
Discipline me.



Or, you know, pretty much anything at all that’s fun and exciting in this. 😄

I know he needs his rest, and he doesn’t need me hounding him or whining, so here are a few things that take the edge off.

1.     Serve him. I ask if he needs anything. Tissues? Water? Soup? He’s a pretty self-sufficient guy, but it makes me feel good to be able to serve him in even a little capacity.

2.     Still talk. Even though he isn’t up for hours-long conversations, I try to keep him updated as much as I can on what’s going on in my head. I keep it brief, though. So brief.

3.     Stick to my rules. When he’s sick, he doesn’t really care about much of anything, including what I’m doing or if I’m breaking any rules. He has no energy, and energy is so necessary to maintain the dynamic. So how do I cope? I do my best to stick to my rules. And if I break one and he lets it slide, I have to let it go and try again.

4.     Keep the intimacy alive, as much as possible. He does a great job just touching me…rubbing my back at night when we’re in bed, giving me a little hug here and there, something to keep me reminded of his physical presence, when he can’t be fully present.

5.     Stay busy. I’m trying to keep myself busy and occupied so I don’t mope.

6.     Talk to friends. It helps to stay in touch with my friends who understand! That way I’m not dumping my whining on him.

7.     Take whatever he can give. Yesterday that was a few good smacks with his bare hand over my fully-clothed backside. What I needed? No. But it was what he could give me, so I took it.

8.     Remind myself that just like busy seasons of life, this, too, shall pass. One of the most important aspects of growth in this dynamic is realizing that we’re responsible for our own actions. And even though it’s best when we’re both giving it our all, sometimes it’s just not possible. So it helps me to remind myself that this is only temporary, and pretty soon we’ll be back in the swing of things. I might even wish I had a bit more of a pass. 

9.     Practice intense self-care. Good sleep. Good food. Hydration, and rest. I’m trying really hard to simplify as much as I can, because when he’s sick, that means I’m also solo parenting.

Those are the ways I’m coping with my needy self when daddy’s sick! What are some ways that you do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick post and an update

The Top Five Spankings I Ever Got

The first post